Friday, September 25, 2009

Fatou and Hawa: Revised Plan

(This is in reference to the previous blog entry)

So Melinda Gates does not read my blog. New plan-- let's work together! You can comment on this page an amount to pledge-- or email me if you want to remain anonymous. That way if we can't raise enough, you never actually paid anything, and it just won't happen. If we can successfully bring our forces together, you could give checks to my mother who could transfer them to my account. Sound like a plan? (As far as where to send the checks, I'd rather email the address individually rather than publish it on the web. But don't send anything yet until we know we have enough pledges to actually accomplish our goal!)

Also, I just learned they have a Guinean husband in mind for Hawa, so I'd really like to do this as soon as possible! Thanks so much for your support!



Click here to Pledge

5 comments:

Mum said...

I truly wish I had the funds to help you accomplish the whole thing. You present the situation so beautifully...and the fact is, when women are free, educated, and in charge of their own destinies, there's an amazing effect on the entire society.
I'll be happy to take care of the $ and add my own contribution.

Jacqueline said...

I would also like to add to the funds but am not sure as to the how and when do you need it by.

KStones said...

Thanks for the support! So that we can keep track of how much we're raising, we should post pledges through comments (or; again, feel free to email me kastones@gmail.com) For example, I just got a pledge for $75. Great start!

$75- anonymous

KStones said...

Recap:

Anonymous: $25
Grace: $75
Allison: $50

Total so far: $150

Keep it up, guys!

heatherness said...

I'll give some money to your mom to deposit or bring to you next week! Hope you reach your goal! ~heather