Tuesday, May 27, 2008

From Panties to Mangos

There is nothing so humbling as trying to wash your dirty underwear with a suadron of giggling girls (whom you want to educate some day) watching and giggling, a few old ladies asking you to give them your clothes in words too fast to understand (but instead of slowing down they just SHOUT), and your neene talking the underwear out of your hand, saying you can't do it, and scrubbing it for you. I was a little worried I'd just bust out crying in the middle of all of it, but I made it. With the paperclips already on the line, I was even laughing by the end.

Then I CLIMBED ONE OF MY MANGO TREES with a bunch of smiling boys -almost like that scene in The Sound of Music. I threw some down for the fam, but when I found a perfectly soft one, I just bit right in, juices running down my legs and branches as I watched the sun set over my beautiful utopian village. Quelle vie. It's even worth the laundry troubles.

No comments: